CREW LINKS, LOCO LINKS AND POWER PLAN
PROCEDURE FOR CALCULATING CREW REQUIREMENT OF A DIVISION
1. Running staff (Loco Pilots) review should be carried out every six months; i.e 1st April and 1st October by the Power Officers i.e. Sr.DME/Sr.DEE of the division. After obtaining associate finance vetting and DRM’s approval these proposals are sent to HQRs for further scrutiny by the JA Grade Officers Evaluation Committee.
2. Review of Loco Pilot (Goods): For calculating the requirement of Loco Pilot (Goods) the total number of working hours logged by Loco Pilot (Goods) is calculated and then the following formula is applied.
2 a) FORMULA FOR GOODS CREW REVIEW BASED ON CREW HOURS
2 b) TRAINEE RESERVE FOR VARIOUS CATEGORIES OF RUNNING STAFF
SN Division Trainee reserve %age
3. Review of Loco Pilot (Mail/Express/Passenger):
a) Mail/Express?Passenger Loco Pilot requirement is worked out on thebasis of crew links.
b) Before preparation of crew links, these links should be vetted by HOER section of the Personnel Branch.
c) 30% Leave Reserve and Trainee Reserve as per table shown in 2 (b) is also added to the requirement.
4. Review of Shunters:
a) Requirement of shunter is calculated on the basis of one for every 8 hours shift.
b) Rest giver is calculated at one for every 6 shunters.
c) 16% Leave reserve and Trainee reserve as per table shown in 2 (b) is also added to the requirement .
5. Review of ALPs:
a) Requirement of ALPs is the same as that of Loco Pilots as detailed above.
b) No ALPs are provided for motormen.
c) 30% Leave reserve and Trainee reserve as per table shown in 2(B) is also added to the requirement.
6. Review of Loco Inspectors:
a) One Loco Inspector for every 25 drivers/50 shunters is included in the crew review.
b) Similarly two Loco Inspectors for every 50 locomotives holding in the diesel sheds are also considered.
c) Separate requirement of Loco Inspectors is worked out for Fuelling installations and for working as safety counselors with the safety department.
d) No Rest-giver or Trainee reserve is given for this category.
e) 16% Leave reserve is included in the requirement.
7. After the evaluation of the proposals by the JA Grade committee as detailed above, these proposals after necessary corrections are sent for the approval of COM, CPO, FA&CAO & then put up to GM for sanction.
POINTS TO BE KEPT IN VIEW WHILE PRPEARING DRIVER’S LINKS
1. Driver/Crew links are prepared by the divisional Power Officers and got verified by the HOER section of Personnel Branch. Objective of crew links is to ensure optimum utilization of crews.
2. Train timings to be checked from the latest time-table.
3. Links to be prepared before promulgation of new time table.
4. Max. duty hours in anyone trip should not exceed 10 hours.
5. Avg. duty hours in a fortnight should not exceed 104 hours.
6. Minimum number of rests in a month should be 5 of 22 hrs. or 4 of 30 hours including night in bed from 22 hrs. to 6 hrs. from sign off to sign on.
7. Efforts should be made to include all the sections in the link to avoid giving road learning again and again.
8. Minimum out of station rest in case less than 8 hrs duty in the previous trip should be 6 hrs. from sign off to sign on. In case duty is 8 hrs or more, then 8 hrs rest to be given. In case of short trips of less than or equal to 5 hrs. then duty performed plus 1hr rest will be sufficient.
9. Minimum home station rest should be :-
a) If duty performed in the last trip is less than 8 hours, then 12 hours.
b) If duty is 8 hours or more, then 16 hrs.
c) If staff is required to work train with less than stipulated rest then breach of rest allowance is payable to running staff.
10. Link having the max. earning kilometerage should be worked by senior most drivers and so on.
11. Separate links should be prepared for super-fast trains such as Rajdhani/Shatabdi Express. Chronic late running trains should be kept in view to avoid link failures.
POINTS TO BE KEPT IN VIEW WHILE PREPARING LOCOMOTIVE LINKS :
1. Loco/Power links are prepared by HQRs Office and circulated to the divisions. The objective of power links is to ensure optimum utilization of powers.
2. Train timings should be checked from latest time table.
3. Links to be prepared before commencement of new time table.
4. Efforts should be made to send the loco to home shed for servicing within the stipulated schedule time.
5. The maximum mileage of each home shed servicing should not exceed 4000- 5000 kms.
6. Minimum possible out station halt should be provided.
7. Ensure loco is permitted to run on the sections at the maximum permissible speed of the train.
POWER REQUIREMENT (POWER PLAN)
1. To be prepared once in a year.
2. Avg. no. of trains run on each section per day for last year duly signed by the Power Officer and Sr.DOM to be prepared.
3. The power plans are formulated by taking into account the trains actually run section-wise. An additional 5 % engine kms. are added for anticipated traffic growth.
4. Loco requirement for ART, ARME and other locos which remain in outage but not added in POL for the purpose of calculation of average kilometers to be added in the bare requirement.
5. Mail/Exp/Passenger Loco requirement to be worked out on the basis of loco link. add 10% for major repair allowance.
6. For shunting services, work out number of points for 8 hours shunting. Add 10% for major repairs.